I didn't realise how long it has taken me to finish this and get pictures.... back in December 2014 I shared my progress with my second French Jacket here. It was 99% finished back in December, but it look me forever to put the buttons and the chain onto it.
To be honest I was a bit disappointed with it once I finished putting the jacket itself together. Mainly because of the sleeves. This jacket was a mash together of two patterns - V7975 for the body and V8804 for the sleeves. I cut a size 12 from both patterns.
I had used V7975 for my first Jacket so knew that the fit would be fine. I just needed to make a couple of adjustments to provide more room across my back. I add 1/4" to the shoulder blade on the side back piece, added 1/8" to the shoulder seam on the side back and another 1/8" to the shoulder seam at the armhole edge on the side front pattern piece.
Now, the sleeve on V7975 is a two piece pattern and I really wanted to try and three piece sleeve. So I took the pattern pieces from V8804, checked the armscye measurements on the sleeve and the jacket to make sure they would fit together - no problem, no adjustment needed. I also checked the bicep measurement of the sleeve. The only adjustment I needed to make was to the sleeve length, to which I added 3".
It all came together real well, but the final finished look of the sleeve left me deflated. There was just too much ease around the arm, which makes the jacket look all sleeves!
The slight adjustment across the back has given the jacket just that little bit more freedom of movement that my first one doesn't quite have.
I also think that I fluffed around finishing it because I really wasn't sure how I was going to wear it without it ageing me 20 years (thanks to some very frank observations from my daughter)! Hopefully the jeans and black Marfy top keep the look fresh and now.
More photos on my Flickr -->